Like many other non speaking students, IELTS was not easy for me. In fact, I found it to be tough in the beginning. But I sticked to it and studied until I was comfortable enough to take the test. What I did was:
1. Talk to friends who have already taken the test on best books available and their techniques.
2. Buy one book on IELTS from the market.
3. Go through the books preface, contents and introduction part (This will help you in getting an IDEA)
4. Before starting any module, go straight to one of the exams and take the timed test (This will help you in understanding your present position and areas to improve)
5. Start studying from the segment you are good at (This will help you to build your confidence before going to the other segments)
6. Finish the chapters on the Four modules one by one.
7. Once you have finished the modules, go to the exam section and take another test.
8. Compare the scores of this test with the previous one.
9. Restart your study. But this time, weakest segment first.
10. Once you have finished start from step 7.
These techniques have helped me. I hope it helps you too. Another piece of advice, do not rush. Take things slowly. Just remember, there is no right or wrong way of doing things.