One thing I love to do is write – writing is my passion! I am a high school student, and I write during the summer to keep myself from being bored. Also, writing during the summer helps your writing skills. I write on many topics. The way I get my topics is by thinking. I think about the worst-case scenario, and then I write about it. As a high school student, I strive for the best topics. You can get the best topics by thinking, surfing the web, etc. Before school got out, my teacher gave me a list of topics to write about. I’m willing to share these topics with you. Also, in my public speaking class we discussed a wide variety of topics. Some of these topics can bring you to tears, and others can bring happiness. So, to help you high school students who are interested, here are a few topics that will BLOW YOUR MIND. (Well, SOME of them will.)
1. What is your favorite time of year?
2. Describe a place from your past.
3. Describe your concept of LUXURY.
4. Describe a family member that you love dearly.
5. Describe your version of the word SLOPPY.
6. Nothing can be worse than . . . . . . .
7. The problem with the world is . . . . . . .
8. Compare the personalities of two of your closest friends.
9. The place I would most like to be is . . . . . . .
10. I felt the most inadequate when . . . . . .
11. How do you feel about competition? (sports, school, friends, etc.)
12. I know better now.
13. I’ll never forget when . . . . .
14. The new me . . . . .
15. Ten years from today, I will be . . . . . .
16. I took the blame.
17. Fears I used to have.
18. Fears I still have.
19. How do you feel about teenage pregnancy?
20. When I’m older . . . . . .
21. Jealousy led to my downfall when . . . . .
22. Describe your best dream.
23. ____________ used to be my hero, but now . . . . . .
24. If I had my way . . . . . .
25. My plans for the summer.
26. How do you feel about suicide?
27. My favorite subject.
28. I had to be strong that day.
29. Describe an unforgettable experience.
30. If it was my last day on Earth, I would . . . . .
These are the top 30 topics that are GREAT to write about. I write from this list continuously. Writing for the summer is very beneficial for high school students. Writing on some of these topics can help you bring back memories, and you can also learn a lot. I’ve had great experiences to write about using these journal topics, so I encourage ANY high school student who loves to write to take a look at this list. Have fun!